USS Mullinnix DD-944

↑ Grab this Headline Animator





         

15 August, 2008

Woodstock - 39 Years ago today

15 August, 1969 Bethel, New York --- Where were you on this date? I was probably just finishing up summer school at Kearney State College in Kearney, Nebraska and preparing to go to my last semester. After the fall semester and a 0.7 grade point average I was in the Navy by 16 Feb, 1970.

.7 grade pont on a 4 point scale? Yep - 3 Technical Fs, 1 D, and an "A" in advanced-beginning swimming. You are awarded a Technical F when you don't go to class - drinking beer instead.

I've only met one person that admits being at Woodstock - my Navy buddy Ken "Gus" Kustin. Who else went? Didn't Wavy Gravy say, "there's about 300,000 of you fuckers out there?" If any of you read this post, let me hear from you!!!

For a great trip (...without even leaving the farm...), check out http://www.woodstock69.com/index.htm. Great site!!

Even though I wasn't there in person, even today, I can proudly say, "I'm from the Woodstock generation!"

AND: "I had long hair back when long hair meant something..."

Cheers,
Woody

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web stats